Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chocolate Shop

Today I went to the Chocolate Shop in Bisbee. I had met one of the owners a while back. They only open in the winter because the chocolate just melts when you step outside in the summer. Armed with that  insight, I figured that they must have fabulous chocolate if they can make a living doing this and be open only part of the year. I decided to check it out today. I was not disappointed. They had the most amazing chocolates. My husband warned me about setting foot in there. I couldn't leave without buying some.

The nice woman behind the counter let me try various samples and they were so yummy. They had flavors such as Chiltipin Truffle which is described as: "Made with wild chiltipin peppers, this confection has oranges & attitude." The  Coffee Lover's is described: "Fresh-roasted Fair Trade Bolivian espresso blended into a creamy dark chocolate ganache." Other flavors they have include Citrus Grove, Double Dark, Circular Logic, Anejo Tequila, Sweet Sage, Grand Marnier, Bisbee After Dark (infused with local chili peppers), Kahlua Divine, Polynesia, Berry Butter Bites, Nutty Orange Truffle (delicious - I bought this one), Three Pepper Cardamon, Celtic Cream, Turtle Power, Primavera Corazon (Fresh organic rosemary and lime ganache enliven this dark chocolate heart - I bought this one and ate it already), Spirited Chocolate Leaf. Yum Yum Yum.

Inside the Chocolate Shop.


Above, you can see my take-home booty. I bought some chocolate bars that they make from scratch in the store, grinding up the cocoa beans. One is called Bad Girl Breakfast Chocolate. I think I'm going to be a Bad Girl for breakfast from now on. The 4 little chocolates in the box that I bought were from bottom left clockwise: Nutty Orange Truffle, Bisbee After Dark, Primavera Corazon, Coffee Lover's. Yah, it's a little expensive but I have to say, it's worth it eating really good chocolate. I had never had chili peppers with chocolate before except in Mole sauce but I have to say, it was really extraordinarily delicious. I'm glad they are only down 300 steps from my house. 


1 comment: