Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bisbee Art Cars

Today is catch up day for me on the blog. I attended a few events before I started writing this and so I thought today I might backtrack a bit. Another reason for my backtrack is that my camera is in need of some cleanup work. I have discovered much to my dismay that the UFO "blob" I keep seeing on my photos is actually dust or dirt on my camera sensor. I need to clean that before I take some more photos or I will be forced to doctor all my future pictures in photoshop.

A lot of people who visit Bisbee notice "art cars" driving around town. I wasn't sure what to call them actually but it turns out they are "art cars." A couple of months ago, I attended an "art car" show in Bisbee. This was a real eye opener for me since I had no idea there were so many people who made art cars. It turns out it truly is an art. The event even had a film about how people make art cars. You have to admire the conviction (or obsession) of this art. Below are a few photographs of some of the cars that were on exhibit. They are not all from Bisbee but a few of them are often seen around town. Click on each of the photos to see a larger version.















2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie! The photos are great and the cars astounding. Many thanks for posting these. Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just want to let you know I linked to your post from my blog, with the current post including a Bisbee art car (the Hilary car), so my readers could come over and see your great art car photos.
    Barbara
    www.tanzaniafivetimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete